The Three Wise Dames have had many experiences in health care marketing. These collective experiences have each lead us to formulate several truths that help explain the core of successes we’ve seen in our experience. Our posts expand on these truths with the intention of helping others achieve success in their roles.
- Education is a lifelong experience. Experience is a lifelong education.” (Michael Bugeja – journalist, author and educator)
- Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.
- Marketing begins with an understanding of who you’re trying to influence.
- Marketing and communications initiatives shouldn’t happen in silos.
- Baby step integration of social media channels is the best way to start.
- Efficient marketing programs are critical for success and compliance.
- Successful selling to sales is mission critical and very rewarding.
- Health care providers must own their reputations and practice marketing.
- Market analysis doesn’t stop or start with the doctor.
- One size (marketing) does not fit all—especially in health care.
- Building great teams require three rights: need, time and talent.
- Setting expectations is like driving in a roundabout.
We know many of our esteemed colleagues also have formulated marketing truths so please feel free to post yours. Our collective wisdom can help us all continue to be successful.
(C) 2011 Merryman Communications, eGold Solutions, pH Consulting, all rights reserved.