Most in my circle know of my passion for the work of George Lucas, especially the Star Wars Universe filled with fascinating characters, exotically imagined locations and classic good vs. evil plot lines. I adore watching the DVD extras especially those that pick apart how the movie come together:
- who spoke with who to initiate the project—frequently it’s a small miracle the film was ever put into production
- how casting and directing decisions were made—great films always feature a palpable chemistry between the players on screen and off
- how the roles of certain specialty professionals (music, editing, special effects, makeup, costume, sets, props) combine to create the overall look and feel—some elements become characters in their own right to elevate the final experience.
It’s helpful to pick apart and study successful marketing programs both inside healthcare and in the consumer arenas. There are many lessons to be learned and applied.
What behind the scenes programs have enlightened you and what lessons do you remember? Share the wisdom.
P.S Oprah’s Next Chapter interview with George Lucas was wonderful, worth catching on OWN. And yes, I am looking forward to the 3-D versions of my favorite saga on the big screen once again.
(C) 2012 eGold Solutions; all rights reserved.
- George Lucas Discusses Filmmaking & Capitalism (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- George Lucas Says Filming STAR WARS Was Painful (geektyrant.com)